Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blog #27: Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
I kept the audience engaged and involved throughout the presentation, making it more of a conversation to keep them interested. My activities also seemed very effective and tied in with my answers, and also lead to a better understanding of my answers. My keynote was also very nice - it is one thing I can say with absolute certainty was good about my presentation.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?
AE. I explained the yearbook in terms that everyone could understand, and gave everyone a good idea of theme and consistency that engaged them and made them understand the concepts. The theme activity I used for my 2-hour is an activity that has been done in the past with new yearbook staffers, but never has it been so successful as when it was paired as an activity to my presentation.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?

AE in theory, because I have over 400 hours for my independent components and my interviews were very solid, as well as my research, but probably a P/P+ because I turned in a few things late.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
The independent component. I was the best way that I could have possibly learned about my topic.

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
It was extremely difficult to focus on anything else but senior project, and due to scheduling it was also very difficult to get Editor-in-Chiefs from other schools for my interviews without being late. For my third interview, I had to scrap the people I wanted to interview twice before finally getting Cynthia Schroeder.

(5) Finding Value
I now know that I can do a solid keynote, and that my analogies generally get across to my audience (in the presentation.) I also know that I actually can present for an hour and a half, and that I can facilitate and execute (well) a 128 page publication, and also manage all of the ins and outs within it - staff management, organization, improving structure, brainstorming, and theme and visual execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment